Help us gather signatures: Download the petition here and print at home, but the petition must be printed on legal size paper (8.5″ x 14″).
If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (312) 852-4015
Please have all notarized petitions returned to our address by April 25, 2014
Term Limits and Reform
2135 Sherman Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
Petition Instructions (download a copy of these instructions here)
Who can sign?
- Any person registered to vote in Illinois can sign. Each registered voter can only sign the petition once. Please ask the potential signer if they have already signed a petition for this amendment. The petition drive started September 2013, so they could not have sign before then.
- It does not matter where the signer lives in Illinois, if they are registered to vote in Illinois, they can sign.
- The same petition can be used to gather signatures in all Illinois counties.
- On the petition, don’t place an X in the Yes or No box (this merely represents how the amendment will appear on the ballot)
Who can gather signatures?
- Anyone 18 years of age or older who is a citizen of the United States may gather signatures for this amendment.
What do I do with my completed petitions?
- YOU MUST HAVE YOUR COMPLETED PETITION(S) NOTARIZED BEFORE SENDING THEM IN. The person who collects the petition signatures (circulator) must sign the certification at the bottom of the petition in person, in the presence of a Notary Public. Do not sign the petition (as circulator) until you are in front of a notary. The notary may cross out “2013” in the bottom left corner and replace with 2014 if necessary. Each individual petition sheet must be notarized.
- Your local bank or credit union will usually have a notary on site.
- Petitions can be submitted with anywhere from 1-10 signatures. The petition does not need to have 10 signatures to be sent in. All help is appreciated.